A game of redemption, Kevin Bacon, the Green Lady, tweeting with Shatner, #DAILYDANCEITOUT, the life of a Broadway actor, and something surprisingly spicy. Plus, an improv game funds silver linings in anything.
“Triple threat” entertainer Phillip Attmore (@phillipattmore – three-time Astaire Award winner, ACCA Award winner, Playbill “Breakout Performance” Award winner and NAACP Theatre Award nominee, and he has been recognized by the sixth season of Fox’s “So You Think You Can Dance” as one of America’s “Top 20” dancers), joins hosts Marc Raco (@racomarc), Danielle Beckmann (@deebeck) and producer Elsie (@elsietheproducer) in the MouthMedia Network studio powered by Sennheiser.
In this episode:
- Danielle fills us in on a new game she’s been playing which leads to some startling ocean facts from Elsie
- Marc recounts the latest update in his digital dealings with William Shatner
- The gang figures out how many degrees from Kevin Bacon they are
- Danielle fills everyone in on the Green Lady, her local Brooklyn celebrity
- A round of Silver Lining improv
- Phillip discusses the importance of storytelling and honing your craft offstage
- What being a visionary means to Phillip
- #dailydanceitout and why creating something daily is important
- The difference between approaching acting as a commercial/ professional path versus acting for the sake of acting
- Knowing when to take a break, when to reflect, and when to take work for the sake of it
- Edinburgh Fringe Festival, and the need to take time to act and express in ways that may not be commercially acceptable
- The moment Phillip felt like he had achieved something with his craft
- Shuffle Along, and working with Audra McDonald, Brian Stokes Mitchell, and Billy Porter
- Facing the “golden handcuffs” of a long-running Broadway production, and knowing when it is or isn’t the right time to step away for your own integrity, and how risky that can be
- The physical demands of the roles Phillip has played, and how he stays healthy and inspired
- The etymology of “break a leg”
- Plus, Elsie surprises everyone with some spicy End of Show Food!